JA Hotel - шаблон joomla Joomla

Travel to Iran: Iran Travel Guide, Discover Iran Attractions, Destinations, Travel Information, Climate, Culture, Visa, Nature, Geography, Food & Drinks, Hotels and ...

This is one of the most important Armenian Museums of Iran and is situated in Shariyati Avenue of Tabriz. Here there is a collection of valuables such as hand written books, scrolls, commandments, valuable paintings, medals, coins, stones, warfare equipment and vessels made out of silver, copper, porcelain and even glass-ware. Wooden masterpieces and various other valuable objects.

 

This great edifice is the remnants of the mosque built in the years 716-724 AH., by the Minister of Soltan Mohammad Khodabandeh and Abu Sa’eid Bahador Khan. In those times it was tile-worked with marble columns and inscriptions. Later on it came down to ruins. In the year 1320 AH. (1941 AD), its courtyard was turned into a public park known as Baq-e-Melli or national garden. To which a few buildings such as official buildings and a hall have been added. But these in recent years have been demolished and the courtyard is now used as a place for Friday prayers in the city of Tabriz.

 

Clock Tower, the symbol of Tabriz also known as Tabriz Municipality Palace, was built in 1934 and is located in the center of the city and on the left side of the Blue Mosque. After the 2nd world war, the building was used by the Azaerbaiijan Democrat Party as a government office. When Iranian troops regained control of Tabriz in 1947, the building was used again as the Tabriz municipal central office, and since then this function has not changed.

 

The Blue Mosque (Pers. Masjed-e kabud), also known as Masjed-e Mo?affariya, was built during the rule of the Qar? Qoyunlu dynasty (1351-1469) and completed in 1465.  The only major Qar? Qoyunlu structure still standing in the dynasty’s capital, it illustrates the artistic brilliance of Turkman Tabriz.  The extant tile work documents artistic connections with contemporary architecture in Timurid Khorasan and in the Ottoman Empire.

 

The village of Kandovan is located 19 km.south of Osku in east Azerbaijan; its houses are hewn out of volcanic caves. The physical structure of the village looks like images from fairy tales. Natural cones, scattered over a vast area, serve as human dwellings on rock formations which themselves seem to have been the work of certain artisans. On getting nearer to the dwellings, the visitor finds out that large families are living inside two or three of these hollow interconnected cones with features such as openings on their surface playing the role of actual windows.

Page 1 of 3