The main building of this museum was built in the year 1968 and was originally a ‘traditional’ restaurant. In the year 1982 this structure with slight changes was renovated into a museum. But in the year 1988 bearing the name of the Toos Museum was converted to the museum of anthropology and archaeology. The year 1369 (1990), was named as the “Millennium of Collection of the Shahnameh” by UNESCO. At the same time with presentation of materials belonging to Ferdowsi period, when the Exclusive Museum of Ferdowsi was inaugurated.This museum is affiliated and attached to the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran.